If you are using Google maps, please follow the directions provided by Google.
If you are using a sat-nav please enter our postcode and upon reaching Bovey Tracey switch to following the directions provided below (Do Not follow your sat-nav all the way to the house – you may be taken down an unpaved road to our neighbouring sheep farm!)
- When you reach the roundabout by the small fire station in Bovey Tracey, take the first exit on the left. When you This is the B3387 and is signposted to Haytor and Widecombe.
- After 1/2 mile turn left at the fork in the road –signposted to Haytor and Widecombe.
- After about 3/4 of a mile you will see the Edgemoor Country House Hotel on your right. Straight ahead of you on the opposite side of the road you will see the entrance to the private drive for Colehayes Park.
- Drive through the tall granite posts and continue for about 1 mile past the lake and over the bridge.
We have a very strict speed limit of 20mph on the drive so please keep your speed down. Also, please beware of the 2 speed bumps at the beginning of the drive. If you’re headed to Cork Tree Cottage continue straight past the manor house until you see a gate entrance on your left.
Please feel free to phone 01626 836 348 or 833 033 if you get lost or need help.
- Our closest train station is Newton Abbot. Express direct trains from London Paddington take 2.5 – 3.5 hours. Colehayes is then a 20 minute cab from Newton Abbot station.
- The closest airport is Exeter, with flight connections to a number of European cities, including Edinburgh and London City Airport.
We love prospective guests coming to visit and welcome viewings throughout the year. As we are an exclusive use venue we are only able to carry out viewings when the house is empty. This means we usually book viewings on Mondays and Fridays in between the times when one party departs in the morning and another party arrives in the afternoon. During these times we have a 5 hour cleaning window, so please keep in mind that the house will be bustling with activity as we prepare for our next set of guests.
Outside of Mondays and Fridays, there are occasions when the house is empty; Please do get in touch so we can check the availability of the house. Depending on how much time you wish to allocate and how much information you would like to know, viewings can take anywhere from 30 minutes to 3 hours. We rarely do group viewings so it is entirely up to you and we will be happy to answer as many questions as you may have and give you as much time as you need. Once you book, you can come back for as many viewings as you wish while you are in the planning stages of your event. It is hard to get an idea of the scale and beauty of the house and grounds from photos alone so please call or email to book us in for a viewing and we will be happy to welcome you.