We are a fantastic super-sized, self catering holiday home, perfect for large gatherings of family and friends.
Bring your loved ones together to celebrate a birthday, family reunion, anniversary or special occasion in one place where the whole family can stay under one roof. Although we are a legendary party house, there are also plenty of areas to enjoy the tranquillity and peacefulness of the 20 acres of private estate. Colehayes offers an abundance of space for children to play both inside and out; with games rooms in the basement, rainy days are never an issue. We are situated down a mile-long private drive in sheltered woodland, helping you feel tucked away from the outside world while enjoying the convenience of local amenities in the surrounding towns just a short drive away.
- Rent the house for a weekend or whole week.
- Sleep up to 70 guests onsite in the manor across 21 comfortable, bright rooms (all bedrooms have a washbasins and large bathrooms with multiple showers and toilets are located very close to all rooms).
- Cork Tree Cottage – our separate rental in the garden can accommodate a further 11 guests.
- Complete freedom to self-cater your holiday or use any supplier you wish. See our supplier page for recommendations or choose your own.
- Relaxed atmosphere – many of our past guests say that Colehayes feels like their giant home from home
- Liberty to rearrange the reception rooms as you like – we have a large oak panelled front hall, large living room and large bar area which can be set up for a party however you would like.
- Host up to 150 guests – if you would like to host a larger event you could hire a marquee and have tents in our dedicated camping field next to the house.
- Fully stocked kitchen – comes with everything you need to self-cater. Crockery, cutlery and glassware for 150 people come included with the house.
- No corkage fees if you would like to bring and serve your own alcohol onsite. We have a bar license so you can sell your own alcohol if you would like to run a bar.
- Kid friendly and dog friendly, all are welcome!
- Fantastic transport links – located just off the A38 which joins the M5, 30 minutes’ drive from Exeter Airport, 20 minutes’ drive from the nearest station Newton Abbot with high speed rail services to London in under 3 hours.
Cork Tree Cottage
If you are looking for extra accommodation in a more private setting, we also have a separate holiday home that can be rented in addition to the manor house.
The lovely Cork Tree Cottage is set 50 yards behind the main house in the gardens. Cork Tree Cottage is a spacious, comfortable and cosy natural stone detached bungalow named after the rare British Cork Oak tree in the garden. The cottage is partly screened from the house by tall hedges and shrubs, offering some peace and quiet within its own private garden area. The large living room has French windows out to the garden, an open fire and views across the beautiful surrounding estate and rolling hills. The cottage accommodates 11 people across 5 bedrooms and two bathrooms and includes a fully kitted kitchen as well as a washer and dryer. Many wedding couples rent the cottage in addition to the manor to provide a more intimate space for close friends and family members.