We are a fantastic super-sized, self catering holiday home, perfect for large gatherings of family and friends.
Bring your loved ones together for a Devonshire holiday, family reunion, to celebrate a birthday, anniversary or any special occasion, where all your friends and family can stay under one roof. Although we are a legendary party house, there are also plenty of areas to enjoy the tranquillity and peacefulness of the 20 acres of private estate and surrounding countryside. Colehayes offers an abundance of space for children to play both inside and out; with games rooms in the basement, rainy days are never an issue. We are situated down a mile-long private drive in sheltered woodland, helping you feel tucked away from the outside world while enjoying the convenience of local amenities in the surrounding towns just a short drive away.
- Rent the Manor house for a long weekend or whole week.
- Sleep up to 70 guests in the Manor across 21 bright and comfortable, double, twin and dormitory style rooms.
- Our elegant master bedroom has a antique four poster bed and en-suite with spa tub.
- All other bedrooms have washbasins and share large bathrooms with multiple showers and toilets.
- Complete freedom to self-cater your holiday or use any supplier you wish. See our DIY Directory page for recommendations.
- Relaxed atmosphere – many of our past guests say that Colehayes feels like their giant home from home
- Liberty to rearrange the Reception Rooms as you like – we have a large oak panelled front hall, large living room and large bar area which can be set up for a party however you would like.
- Host up to 250 guests – if you would like to host a larger event you could hire a marquee for dining and have tents, yurts, camper-vans etc in our dedicated camping field next to the manor.
- Fully stocked kitchen – comes with everything you need to self-cater. Crockery, cutlery and glassware for over 100 people come included with the house.
- No Corkage fees – if you would like to bring and serve your own alcohol, you’re more than welcome to use our Bar.
- Fantastic Transport links – located 5 minutes from the A38 which joins the M5. The nearest Train Station is a 20 minutes’ drive away in Newton Abbot, where the fast rail service to London takes under 3 hours. Alternatively we’re a 30 minutes’ drive from Exeter Airport.
- Child and Dog friendly, all are welcome!
Cork Tree Cottage
If you are looking for something a little smaller, or perhaps for additional accommodation to the manor house, we also have a separate holiday home in the grounds that can be rented independently or in addition to the manor house.
The lovely Cork Tree Cottage is set 50 yards behind the main house in the gardens. It is a spacious, comfortable and cosy natural stone bungalow named after the rare British Cork Oak tree in the garden. The cottage is partly screened from the manor by tall hedges, offering some peace and quiet within its own private garden area. The large living room has French door which open out to the garden, an open fire and views across the beautiful gardens and neighbouring sheep farm. The cottage accommodates 11 people across 5 bedrooms, has two bathrooms and includes a fully kitted kitchen as well as a washer and dryer.