Weddings at Colehayes Park
We are also unique as a DIY wedding venue which means that you have the choice and freedom to create your own perfectly individual wedding. Despite its size, the house has a informal and cosy atmosphere, making it feel like a giant home from home.
Many of our wedding guests describe their stay in the house as a truly magical experience due to its special atmosphere. We have no corkage and pride ourselves in being transparent in all our fees. We understand that planning a wedding can be a big job so we strive to be as helpful as possible; no question or concern is too big or small.
- Exclusive Use – Totally private Grade II Listed Manor house exclusively yours to host your ceremony, accommodate your guests and hold your wedding celebrations all under one roof.
- Location – Tucked away from the world on the edge of Dartmoor National Park, but only 3 hours by public transport from London and only a 5-minute drive from the A38.
- Capacity – Weddings for 30 to 250 guests. Cosy enough for intimate weddings but plenty of space for larger parties.
- DIY style venue – a blank canvas where you can let your imagination run wild. You can style your wedding to suit your personality: Classic & Traditional, Bohemian, Country Rustic or Festival Chic, the choice is yours.
- Budget – Hire our venue and choose your own suppliers to fit your budget. You are always in control of your costs. We have No Hidden Fees & No Corkage costs.
- Suppliers – Free to choose any supplier you wish including caterers. We give you tried and tested recommendations but you are free to source any of your own or go totally DIY.
- Entertainment – Indoor space for bands and live outdoor music permitted. Basement space for an all-night after-party.
- Accommodation – Facilities for over 70 under one roof and more options on-site for additional guests, including our ‘Cork Tree Cottage’ rental in the grounds available for 11 extra guests and our dedicated camping field.
- Atmosphere – secluded, calm, friendly, homely, relaxed. Child & dog friendly.
- Wedding Day Facilities – 5 outdoor and indoor licensed ceremony areas. Dining room which can seat up to 90 guests, or garden space for a marquee if required. Exquisite reception rooms with magnificent garden views and your own private Bar.
- Setting – 20 acres of tranquil and picturesque surroundings of woodland, river, and gardens creating a beautiful backdrop for your wedding photos. Including a large private lake for swimming, boating and canoeing – perfect for nature lovers.
- Helping Hands – a wonderful team of Expert Staff available to assist should you want the extra help.
You can hire the manor for a long weekend from 3pm Friday to 10am Monday, or you can choose to hire the manor for a week. This is especially popular in the summer as your guests can stay and spend more quality time together, enjoying the beautiful surrounding areas of South Devon.
As an exclusive use venue, you won’t be disturbed by other people; the house is entirely yours. The manor can comfortably host weddings for up to 90 people, but with the addition of a marquee in our beautiful grounds, you can have up to 250 of your friends & family present to celebrate with you.
We are licensed for indoor and outdoor civil ceremonies in 5 locations throughout the house and grounds. For indoor ceremonies, we are licensed in the oak panelled front hall and the beautifully styled living room. Outside, we are licensed for ceremonies at the front of the house, the granite steps leading into the gardens and our lovely hand crafted custom-made wooden wedding pagoda.
A DIY Venue
As a DIY wedding venue, you are in complete control of what you want to do, how you want to do it and most importantly, how much you want to spend. You have full access to the house and are in charge of organising your own catering, flowers, décor, entertainment and photographers to suit your style and budget.
Every wedding is as unique as you are and we don’t believe a one size fits all package allows the freedom that is required to make your wedding perfectly yours. We are more than happy to recommend trusted suppliers but we do not insist that you choose one over another. You can make your big day as formal (award winning banquet style caterers) or as casual (friends and family all bringing their favourite dish for a fantastic buffet) as you wish.
We have an entertainment and alcohol licence allowing you to buy alcohol if you wish, supply yourselves or ask guests to bring their own (no corkage fees!). We also have a team of helpful and reliable staff available to help with washing up, cleaning etc. should you wish to have the extra helping hands.
As one of the largest self-catering accommodations in the UK, sleeping up to 80 people on site, Colehayes Park is an ideal venue for weddings.
The house has 21 bedrooms, all of them light, clean, comfortable and with sweeping views over the estate. Comprising of a variety of dormitory, twin and double rooms, the manor sleeps up to 70 people. Our separate rental Cork Tree Cottage can sleep a further 11 guests.
Our elegant bridal suite has an antique 1830’s four poster bed and en-suite bathroom, equipped with spa tub and separate shower.
We’re here to help…
We are here seven days a week to give you as much or as little guidance as you want. We can be on hand to point you in the right direction and provide helpful advice as you plan your wedding. You can also get ideas from our gallery or Facebook page. Once you book your wedding you are also welcome to visit us as many times as you require.
We have a long list of recommended suppliers who we have got to know well over the years. We know from experience that they are eager to go the extra mile for our guests and we have had nothing but positive feedback from our newlyweds. Please take a look at our DIY directory for a list of options. Whilst we recommend these suppliers, should you choose to source your own, you are very welcome to do so. We have no bias from one supplier to another, they are simply recommendations to give you some ideas to help get you started with your planning.
To browse some of our recommended suppliers, please see our DIY Directory. From catering to photography services, the directory lists a range of locally-based companies that provide high quality service at great value.
If you would like further recommendations or advice we are more than happy to lend our years of experience. We host over 35 weddings per year and have been a wedding venue since 2000 so we have lots of knowledge to draw from!
Frequently Asked Questions
How many people is Colehayes licensed for?
What is included with your stay at Colehayes?
You have free use of 24 trestle tables, an eclectic mix of 200 chairs, all equipment in the kitchen, cutlery, crockery and glassware for over 100 people. If you want to hire more equipment or have a specific theme please look on our supplier pages for ideas on where to find rental items.
How do I book?
Where can wedding ceremonies take place?
Do you charge extra for marquees to be set up?
Can I move furniture and take paintings off the walls?
Are pets welcome?
Do you provide towels?
Will the house be cleaned daily during our stay?
Are you equipped for children?
We have a huge amount of space where children can play and we have games rooms in the basement with a pool table, table football and table tennis to keep kids occupied in the evenings and on rainy days.
We also have a small outdoor adventure centre tucked away in the woods on the estate which can put on numerous fun activities for children of all ages. Many guests often also hire bouncy castles, soft play areas, magicians etc. If you would like a babysitter to give the parents some time to let their hair down we can put you in touch with a trusted local childminding service.